SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN FOR FEATURE FILMS (BOTH NARRATIVE AND DOC) WITH INCLUSIVE TEAMS.**
WHAT THE PROGRAM ENTAILS:
- Each project will receive creative guidance, mentorship, and a business plan from the Big Vision team, focusing on marketability, audience, and distribution.
- Extensive Discounts from vendors nationwide (see our PARTNERS here).
- We’ll use our personal relationships and company partnerships to push each film through to major festivals and programs like Sundance, the Tribeca Film Institute, and Vimeo’s Share the Screen Program.
- Projects will be granted access to an exclusive Distribution Lab & Marketplace in NYC, focusing on audience building and distribution strategies. Past participating companies include The Weinstein Company, IFC, The Discovery Channel, Vimeo, FilmRise, Zeitgeist Films, Magnolia Pictures, and more.
- Each project will be a Big Vision Creative Co-Production. This will be structured differently for each film based upon the scope and stage of the project, and how hands on our team will be. As Executive Producers, we excel at shaping stories, making valuable connections through our personal relationships with festivals, distributors and vendors, and we're all about drive, generosity, passion, and fun.
This program isn’t theoretical - We’ve already started to make an impact.
Our program proves that projects with diverse teams are good investments, because they truly are!
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
**A project qualifies when the writer, director, or lead producer is a woman, person of color, or member of the LGBTQ community. We accept projects that are in pre-production through post-production, but the best time to apply is 1 month before the start of principal photography. SEE MORE IN OUR FAQ’S BELOW.
Get your work ready:
You'll need a link to a clip, trailer, or teaser from this project or a past project that exemplifies the quality of your work.
- Team bios
- A summary of the project (250 word max)
- Explanation of the video submitted and how it is reflective of your body of work
- What is your budget and your production plan? (500 word max)
- What is your marketing and distribution plan? (250 word max)
- Your specific goals for the project (250 word max)
- What do you do for fun when you’re not making films (250 word max)?
- We'll also provide you with an email address to send us any additional attachments that might be helpful, like your business plan or investor deck.
Submit Your Work!
Submission Fee: $50
Make sure you have all of your work ready before you access the form! If you make a mistake, you will be able to make edits before you check out. Once you have submitted the form, you will need to use the shopping cart to check out. If you have a discount or waiver code, you'll be able to apply it at checkout. If you don't pay for your submission using the shopping cart, we won't receive it!
WHAT DEFINES DIVERSITY?
Forming a definition of diversity or inclusion isn’t easy. For this particular program, we are defining underrepresented creators as Asian Pacific, Sub-Continent Asian, Black, Hispanic, Native American, Middle Eastern, Mixed Race and/or women and members of the LGBTQ community. If you don’t identify in any of these categories, but still feel you should qualify, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our goal is to be an inclusive as possible and make a positive impact.
Do I need to live anywhere specific?
Our benefits are for projects that will be produced anywhere in the world! You do not need to live anywhere specific to qualify, but all events surrounding the program will be in NY, LA, and at major festivals.
How often do you accept projects?
In 2015/16 we cast a wide net and supported many projects (link). In 2017, we plan to be more hands-on and in order to do so, we’ll be accepting 5-10 projects throughout the year. We accept submissions on a rolling basis all year long.
So if I'm a white dude, am I totally excluded?
Nope. You can be rewarded for being inclusive. If your project has a writer, director, or producer that meets our requirements, you can receive the benefits of our program. The person who qualifies for the incentive must be the one to submit.