#KickstartDiversity: IN 2018, WE WILL SELECT 5-10 BIG VISION FELLOWS AND SPEND THE YEAR DEVELOPING FEATURE FILMS AND SERIES WITH THEM THROUGH A FUN AND RIGOROUS PROGRAM.
Launched in 2015, our diversity-focused incubator program supports projects that are written, directed, and/or produced by women, people of color, or LGBTQ filmmakers.
The program isn’t theoretical
In 2016 & 2017, our films premiered at top festivals including Sundance and SXSW and were sold to major film distributors, streaming platforms, and TV networks, and were released in theaters nationwide.
We are also selecting two creators to develop projects with in Paradise!
The next Big Vision Empty Wallet Development Program will be held in Playa Langosta, Costa Rica March 21-26 2018! The selected creators will receive a FREE retreat in Costa Rica, mentorship, development support, business strategy, and more.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK
- Creators should be interested in working in both TV and film, and have at least one project in development that they can apply with (a series - broadcast or digital, documentary feature film, or narrative feature film).
- The project you are applying with must be written, directed, and/or produced by women, people of color, or LGBTQ filmmakers. This can be you or other members of your key team.
- Creators must have a link to a previous work to share as a work sample - this can be a film, series, video, or a writing sample.
- You may apply as an individual, or as a team if you have a partner who you regularly create with. If you are submitting as a team, the submission should come from one team member. All team members' bios should be included in the bio section.
- You do not need to live anywhere specific, but all events surrounding the program will be in NY, sometimes LA, and at major festivals.
- You will need to provide two professional references that we can contact if you are a finalist.
- Your bio, project description/pitch, and all of your materials should reflect who you are as a creator! For this round of the incubator, we are selecting people, not just specific projects. We want to know the badass creator that YOU are and what makes your point of view unique.