Just launched! We are selecting 10-15 creators working in TV and new media to join us for 1 year of development and pitch opportunities.
what you need to know:
- We are accepting applications from creators who are developing TV series, digital series, interactive projects, and innovative multi-platform projects. This program focuses on PEOPLE, not specific projects. So if you have a unique point of view and are a hardworking, fun person this program is for you!
- For 1 year, participants will receive mentorship and development support from the Big Vision Team, and will be granted access to exclusive pitch opportunities with networks and platforms.
- You will need to apply with a specific project that is representative of your body of work and your voice as a creator, but we’ll develop multiple projects and concepts together throughout the year, specifically geared toward participating networks and platforms. You may submit as an individual or as a team.
- You can be based anywhere to submit, but most in-person events and meetings will take place in NYC.
Submission dates & Deadlines:
- Through August 31st - $35
- September 1st - September 30th - $45
- October 1st - October 25th - $55
- October 26th - November 10th - $65
Private interviews will be held with finalists this Fall, and offers will go out in December. The 2017 Creators will be announced on January 5th and the program will run for 1 year.
What you need to have handy to submit:
- A bio or multiple bios if you are submitting as a team
- A list of your top 3 most exciting accomplishments
- An explanation of your career goals for this year (500 words or less)
- An explanation of your overarching career goals (500 words or less)
- A link to a work sample (trailer, teaser, short film, web series, previous work that represents the quality and tone of your work)
- An explanation of how you define your voice/POV as a creator, and why it’s special
- Summary of a project that you are currently developing or working on in the TV or New Media space (500 words or less)
What will I learn during the program?
For starters, we’ll cover audience building, marketing, distribution, and pitching. You’ll learn how to develop show bibles, pitch materials, proof of concept videos, and more. You’ll also make life-long connections with executives and other creators.
Do I need to live anywhere specific?
You can submit your work from anywhere! Most of our events throughout the year will be in NYC, but if you are a fantastic creator, we want to know you. We are committed to finding and supporting the most talented creators so we will find ways of working together, even if we’re not based in the same city.
I have frequent collaborators who I love working with. May we submit as a team?
You can absolutely submit as a team, but it is recommended that it is a team you have experience working with.
What do you mean by “New Media?”
Digital content, web series, interactive projects, VR, innovative multi-platform work. The more creative, the better.
Will we be working on a project that I’m already developing?
Maybe. Throughout the program we will be connecting with our contacts at networks, platforms and other brands so once they share their current mandates with us, we will work on pitches together to bring back to executives. If a project that you’ve already been developing fits the current mandate, we might develop that pitch together and pitch it to the most appropriate outlet.
What does Big Vision get in return and how much does this cost?
Big Vision Empty Wallet is an incubator and Big Vision Creative is our production company. Big Vision Creative will be attached to produce any of the projects that we develop together and bring to networks and platforms. If you are coming to the program with work you’ve already created, you will retain all rights to your IP. This will all be laid out in an agreement if you are accepted! There is no cost to participate in the program, other than possible travel to meetings and events (not required).
Submit To Be a Big Vision Creator
NOTE: Make sure you have all of your work ready before you access the form! If you make a mistake, you will be able to make edits before you check out. Once you have submitted the form, you will need to use the shopping cart to check out. If you have a discount or waiver code, you'll be able to apply it at checkout. If you don't pay for your submission using the cart, we won't receive it!
Multiple entries are permitted. Please do not send us any additional materials. We may follow up once submissions are closed for additional information.